Professional boxer, philosopher, and author, Ed Latimore goes deep on the physics of boxing, philosophy, and the secret to a happy life.
Ed Latimore might be the most interesting person you’ll ever meet. Ed is a professional heavyweight boxer, physics major, and philosopher. He’s also the author of the cult-hit Not Caring What Other People Think Is a Superpower. If there’s anything Ed feels like doing, he simply does it.
Here are a few highlights from our conversation:
- How the painful end to a relationship lit a fire under Ed that hasn’t stopped burning
- How Ed knows when he’s bitten off more than he can chew and needs to ease up on the accelerator
- Why motivation is a terrible way to achieve great things (and what to do instead)
- The unlikely way that Ed’s runaway best selling book came about
- Why Ed thinks every person should step into the boxing ring at least once in their life
- How people get stuck on the “dopamine treadmill” which feels productive but actually gets you nowhere (this is the kiss of death if you want to accomplish any important goal)
- Ed’s brilliant philosophy on pain and suffering that will change the way you view hardships in your life
- Ed’s somewhat controversial approach to coaching children and getting the very best out of them
- The most important element of creating a positive habit (most people get this wrong)
After listening to this warrior poet, you won’t look at life the same again.
Enjoy this amazing conversation.