The Pursuit of Wordly Wisdom
About Farnam Street
Helping you master the best of what other people have already figured out.
I’m Shane Parrish.
While I have a deep dislike of bios, it’s only fair that you know something about me. I spent ██ years working for a three-letter-intelligence agency, starting as a ██████ and ending in charge of ████████████████. During my career, I was promoted ██ times, worked as ██████████████████ to the Deputy Minister, ██████████████████, and ██████████████████. Unfortunately, I can’t talk about anything interesting without going to jail.
If you’d like a bit more insight into my background and FS, read the New York Times profile.
Nothing happens in isolation, let me introduce you to our small team.
Rhiannon manages and writes for the FS blog. She is the lead writer / project manager of The Great Mental Models book series. Rhiannon also develops a lot of the FS courses content, and presents on mental models to anyone who is interested. Most of her other work is editing, strategic planning, research, being a sounding board for everyone on the team, and trying to get better at all the other things FS does.
Rosie leads the overall direction of the FS membership program and hosts members-only Ask Me Anything sessions with top experts. She works on a range of other FS content and products, including the blog posts and The Great Mental Models book series. Rosie’s work involves a wide range of capabilities, including copywriting, email marketing, SEO, driving engagement, editing, research, and strategic planning. A core speciality is breaking complicated or unusual ideas down into an engaging, accessible form.
Vicky runs many of the business operations at FS. She is the project manager for the courses and the podcast, she runs our sponsorship and advertising efforts, and leads all HR planning and hiring. In addition, Vicky helps the hundreds of people every month who email us with questions and comments, and she makes sure we meet our deadlines and commitments.
How to Contact Us
If it isn’t urgent or just a general inquiry, we appreciate getting mail vs. email. Please send us mail here:
Farnam Street Media, Inc.
PO BOX 14037
For email inquiries, here are some common requests:
- Need support? ([email protected])
- Speaking, interviews, and media ([email protected])
- Interested in sponsoring us? Let us help.
We take your trust in FS very seriously.
- We are not paid by any company for any opinion or article posted on FS or in any public forum, including podcasts and Twitter.
- Farnam Street participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising commissions by linking to Amazon. Simply put, if you click on our Amazon.com links and buy something we earn a (very) small commission, yet you don’t pay any extra.
- Sponsors of our newsletter and website are not allowed to run any code that might track your internet presence.
- We do not share any information on you with sponsors.
- Sponsors do not compensate us based on page views or clicks.
- Sponsors are not allowed editorial insight or control.
We often post excerpts of things created by others. In fact, if you see anything useful on here at all, we’re probably just paraphrasing someone smarter. If you, as a copyright holder, feel we have violated or infringed on your copyright, please email us, and we will take down the link or modify the article in question. (email: [email protected])
The content contained in this blog represents only the opinions of Farnam Street Media Inc. The content herein is intended solely for the entertainment of the reader and the author and should not be relied upon in making any decisions.
The quick summary is that we have not, don’t, and will not sell any information you give us.
Terms of service
You may view the terms of service here.
By continuing to access, link to, or use this website and/or newsletter, you accept the Farnam Street Media Inc. terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with the terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use the website or newsletter.