Are you a giver or a taker? (Don’t pat yourself on the back quite yet.) Listen to my interview with bestselling author Adam Grant (@AdamMGrant) to find out! We also discuss building resilience so you can bulldoze through any challenge, no matter how big or scary.
Now available on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Transcript
Are you a giver or a taker?
Have you ever struggled to find work/life balance?
How do you build resilience in yourself, your team, or your children?
I tackle these topics and many more in this interview with my special guest, Adam Grant.
If you know who Adam is, I don’t need to say anymore to convince you to listen. In fact, you’ve probably already stopped reading so you could get to the podcast right away. That’s what I would have done, anyways.
If you aren’t familiar with Adam yet, let me introduce you:
He simply describes himself as a professor, author, and speaker.
Sure, Adam is all those things, but allow me to expand a bit on his humble description:
- He’s a professor…at Wharton…who has been awarded top professor for six straight years.
- He’s an author…who’s written three books — and all three have been New York Times bestsellers, selling over a million copies and translated into 35 languages.
- And he’s a speaker…whose last two TED talks have been viewed over ten million times.
On top of all of that, he carves out time to be a dedicated husband and father.
In short, he’s a helluva guy. And if you are an employee, an entrepreneur, a manager, (or quite frankly, someone who interacts with human beings in any way), then Adam has some incredibly valuable insights to share.
Here are a few highlights from our conversation:
- How to tell if you are a giver or a taker (Spoiler: if you just told yourself you’re a giver, you might be in for a rude awakening)
- How Adam filters down hundreds of ideas and opportunities to the select few he focuses on
- How to tell if your business idea is a winner or a huge waste of time
- Why “quick to start and slow to finish” is great advice for budding entrepreneurs
- How to nurture creativity and resilience in your children (or team culture)
- How to create positive competitive environments that bring out the best in people
- Adam’s two core family values and how he instills them in his children
- “Mental time travel” and how it can make you resilient to any challenge or obstacle
- Why “how can I be more productive” is the wrong question to ask (and what to ask instead)
- How Adam and I each address the topic of work/life balance
And so much more.
There’s so much great stuff packed in this episode, you won’t want to miss it.