Ed Latimore: The Warrior Poet and the Secret to a Happy Life [The Knowledge Project Ep. #21]
Ed Latimore (@EdLatimore) might be the most interesting person you’ll ever meet.
Ed is a professional heavyweight boxer, physics major, and philosopher. He’s also the author of the cult-hitNot Caring What Other People Think Is a Superpower. If there’s anything Ed feels like doing, he simply does it.
This interview explores the physics of boxing, the value of a coach, and much of Ed’s hard-fought wisdom. You’ll discover:
- How the painful end to a relationship lit a fire under Ed that hasn’t stopped burning
- How Ed knows when he’s bitten off more than he can chew and needs to ease up on the accelerator
- Why motivation is a terrible way to achieve great things (and what to do instead)
- The unlikely way that Ed’s runaway best selling book came about
- Why Ed thinks every person should step into the boxing ring at least once in their life
- How people get stuck on the “dopamine treadmill” which feels productive but actually gets you nowhere (this is the kiss of death if you want to accomplish any important goal)
- Ed’s brilliant philosophy on pain and suffering that will change the way you view hardships in your life
- Ed’s somewhat controversial approach to coaching children and getting the very best out of them
- The most important element of creating a positive habit (most people get this wrong)
After listening to this warrior poet, you won’t look at life the same again.
Enjoy this amazing conversation.
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes (Please leave a rating!)
- Stream by clicking here
- Libsyn RSS
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As”