Helping you master the best of what other people have already figured out.
I’m Shane Parrish.
While I have a deep dislike of bios, it’s only fair that you know something about me. I spent ██ years working for a three-letter intelligence agency, starting as a ██████ and ending in charge of ████████████████. During my career, I was promoted ██ times, worked as ██████████████████ to the Deputy Minister, ██████████████████, and ██████████████████. Unfortunately, I can’t talk about anything interesting without going to jail.
If you’d like more insight into my background and FS, read the New York Times profile.
Nothing happens in isolation; let me introduce you to our small team.
Dalton is our digital creator and designer and is responsible for all of FS’s amazing videos, including video essays created from original FS content and the videos and animations that make our courses engaging. He also manages The Knowledge Project YouTube channel and develops the rest of our YouTube content.
We take your trust in FS very seriously.
- We are not paid by any company for any opinion or article posted on FS or in any public forum, including podcasts and Twitter.
- Farnam Street participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising commissions by linking to Amazon. Simply put, if you click on our Amazon.com links and buy something we earn a (very) small commission, yet you don’t pay any extra.
- Sponsors of our newsletter and website cannot run any code that might track your internet presence.
- We do not share any information on you with sponsors.
- Sponsors do not compensate us based on page views or clicks.
- Sponsors are not allowed editorial insight or control.
We often post excerpts of things created by others. In fact, if you see anything useful on here at all, we’re probably just paraphrasing someone smarter. If you, as a copyright holder, feel we have violated or infringed on your copyright, please email us, and we will take down the link or modify the article in question. (email: [email protected])
The content contained in this blog represents only the opinions of Farnam Street Media Inc. The content herein is intended solely for the entertainment of the reader and the author and should not be relied upon in making any decisions.
The quick summary is that we have not, don’t, and will not sell any information you give us.
Terms of service
You may view the terms of service here.
By continuing to access, link to, or use this website and/or newsletter, you accept the Farnam Street Media Inc. terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with the terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use the website or newsletter.