In this episode, I talk with multiple best selling author, speaker and media manipulator, Ryan Holiday (@RyanHoliday) about how he reads, what it means to be a stoic, and how to gracefully deal with freeloaders
On this episode of The Knowledge Project, I have multiple best selling author, speaker, and media manipulator, Ryan Holiday.
Ryan Holiday is the author of a number of incredible books, including Trust Me I’m Lying, The Obstacle is the Way, and Ego is the Enemy. He also runs Brass Check, a premier book marketing agency responsible for dozens of New York Times bestsellers and tens of millions of books sold. In short, Ryan is the real deal.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What Stoicism is and how it differs from many of the mainstream “philosophies” you learn about in school
- How Dr. Drew is partially responsible for putting Ryan on the Stoic path
- How Stoicism has helped Ryan navigate some of the challenges he’s faced in his life
- How Ryan juggles everything he has to do as a writer, a business owner, and consultant
- The impact working with Robert Greene had on Ryan and how that experience influenced everything from his writing, how he does research, and even the kind of person he turned out to be
- How Ryan uses the famous Notecard System he learned as a researcher for Robert Greene
- Why Ryan insists on writing his thoughts longhand, and why copy and paste is almost a capital offense
- The process Ryan uses to write a book and what the ideation, writing and editing stages look like
- The brilliant way Ryan runs his consulting business, including how he charges clients and how he gracefully handles people looking for free advice
You’re going to get so much out of this episode. Enjoy!
- Listen to this podcast on iTunes. (Please leave a rating!)
- Stream by clicking here.
- Libsyn RSS
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.