David Ogilvy was an advertising legend and perhaps the original “Mad Man.”
The Unpublished David Ogilvy offers a remarkably candid glimpse of the private man behind the public image.
Ogilvy was fond of lists. This one outlines the ten qualities of creative leaders.
The qualifications I look for in our (creative) leaders are these:
- High standards of personal ethics.
- Big people, without pettiness.
- Guts under pressure, resilience in defeat.
- Brilliant brains — not safe plodders.
- A capacity for hard work and midnight oil.
- Charisma — charm and persuasiveness.
- A streak of unorthodoxy — creative innovators.
- The courage to make tough decisions.
- Inspiring enthusiasts — with trust and gusto.
- A sense of humor.
Still curious about Ogilvy? Read why education is a priceless opportunity to furnish your mind and scientific advertising.